Friday, March 6, 2009

Doctor's visit: 3/06/09

I had a doctor's appointment this morning. The doctor didn't check me to see if I was dilated or effaced any more. She said we already know that I'm starting to dilate and it's really no indication of when labor will happen, since I could be dilated for weeks or not dilated at all and go into labor anyways. So it didn't seem that eventful. However she did ask me if I wanted to be induced next week. I've thought about it but I'm torn about it. On one hand, if I'm induced, I know what day it will be, I can make arrangements for Kylie and I don't have to worry about labor being too fast that I can't make it to the hospital. My labor was so fast last time that it makes me a little worried. On the other hand, labor was so fast and easy with Kylie that I don't know if I could handle a long laboring experience that would most likely come with induction. I loved how easy it was when it happened naturally. I told her I didn't know, and we made a doctor's appointment for next Wednesday. She said that if I decided I wanted to be induced, we could schedule it to happen next Thursday or Friday. I'm still torn, although I AM starting to get a little impatient.

I did forget to mention a funny story that happened at my last doctor's appointment. They had to check my iron levels since I've had low iron. Jason and Kylie were there also, so Jason could meet my new doctor. Kylie had just had her finger pricked the day before to get her iron levels checked and of course she had hated it. So when the nurse pricked my finger, Kylie freaked out. She started screaming and crying, and she had been in such a good mood previously. Needles, blood and pricks don't bother me at all, so it wasn't as if I acted like I was in pain or anything. Kylie just remembered it happening to her. As soon as it was over, my sweet daughter gave me the biggest hugs and kisses and cried big crocodile tears for me. I love my Kylie Bear and how she is so worried for her mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment