Monday, December 21, 2009

Silent Night




I just went in to check on my little sleeping beauties. Just a quick look was all I needed and my heart melted like it does every time I watch them sleep. I don't know what it is about a sleeping child/baby, but it sure is precious. Plus, my girls are always sleeping in some new, funny position, so it adds a little comic relief to my life.
Tonight, I was taken by surprise as these sweet thoughts entered my mind. As I put them to bed a couple hours ago, I was very frustrated. Today was just rough. Kylie refused to nap. This resulted in many breakdowns and she was a complete bully to her sister. Eve must be going through a growth spurt because she ate a bottle almost every hour, and that's not counting all the solid food she gulfed down throughout the day as well. She was also quite fussy, maybe because her sister kept pushing her down and stealing her toys, or maybe it had to do with how hungry she was all day. Whatever the reason, I tried to cuddle her often to soothe her, but every time I held her, she found great enjoyment in pulling my ear to her mouth and squealing as loud and high-pitched as she could. By the time I put them down to sleep, I was emotionally exhausted. Jason didn't get home from work until after bed time, so that just added to my stress. He is such a calming presence {and a great helper too, I should add! He might be upset if he reads this and finds out I only called him a "presence"!}
It was just one of those days. This post was not intended to complain, I understand that every parent has days like these. It's not really that big of a deal. What IS a big deal, however, is how quickly all my "bad" feelings disappeared as soon as I saw their peaceful faces sleeping. I instantly thought how adorable Eve looks all sprawled out in her crib. I laughed at all the animals that were in her crib with her, since those are all "gifts" from her big sister. Kylie always fills Eve's crib up with toys, to the point where we had to take out most of the toys from their room for Eve's safety. I smiled when I saw that Kylie was still clutching her night time book. She had insisted that she keep it in bed with her after we read together. {I should have left it there for the picture, but I put it away before thinking of taking pictures.}
My sleeping babies just reminded me that tomorrow is a new day. A new day to make {better} memories. Yeah for having a great day tomorrow! {I just hope that Eve waits until morning to wake me up. She likes to wake up in the middle of the night to "play", but that's a different story.}

1 comment:

  1. I've loved all your recent posts. Thanks for taking the time to do that. Can't wait to see you all Saturday!!!

    ReplyDelete