Wednesday, January 6, 2010

You'll have to read this post to see where I'm going with this.

A while back, I read the book "God on Sex" by Daniel Akin. He included an "unscientific" list of differences between men and women. Included in the list was the quote:

"A man will pay $10 for a $5 item he wants.
A woman will pay $5 for a $10 item that she doesn't want (or need)."

I've often thought of this as I'm shopping. A lot of times I do get so excited by a good deal, that I have to remind myself that I really don't need the said item. So what if it's such a great deal if I'm not going to make much use out of the purchase?

What's funny though, is that I have found that my dear husband, Jason, doesn't fit into the "man" description. It's an unscientific list, just meant to be humorous, so it's not too shocking. I just find it funny that he gets as excited over a good "deal" as I do. He's the one who hunted for our camcorder, washing machine, dryer, minivan, wii, camera... until he found the best deal. One of his favorite websites is amazon, because he can periodically check their deal of the hour. His most recent amazing find? A new apartment. That's right... we are moving! Jason found an apartment just a couple streets away from where we are living now that has an incredible move in special. We'll be saving quite a bit of money each month to live in a place with the same square footage.

I asked if we could paint the living room and kitchen walls before we moved in. Jason's reply? "Sears paint goes on sale for half price quite often! It's only around $11 a gallon when it's on sale."

1 comment: