Thursday, April 25, 2013

Kids Clothes Week Days 2 and 3 Recap

Days 2 and 3 of Kids Clothes week focused on a dress for Eve: 

I used this gorgeous linen fabric with raised silver butterflies from Joanns....
 

... and the Simplicity 2377 pattern. I omitted the elastic in the sleeves because I wanted a more "fluttery" look and the ties in the back because I just couldn't get them turned inside out. It's a little bit wider in the bodice than I would like, but other than that, it's a great dress! I tried it on before hemming it and was worried it would be too short when all was said and done, so I used a rolled hem on my serger instead. 

Jason surprised me with a serger last week and I am loving it! Even though it took Jason and I about an hour to figure out what piece to remove for the rolled hem and how to put it back. It was worth it though, because I can't stop admiring the roll hem!

And a few pictures of Eve just for fun:






This one's a keeper for sure!

And for good measure, a few more pictures of the dress:
 


No comments:

Post a Comment