Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Recipe: Eclair Cake

Step 1: Gather tub of cool whip, 3 cups milk and a package of instant vanilla pudding.


Step 2: Show everyone your belly.


Step 3: mix the pudding, cool whip and milk all together in large bowl.


Step 4: Notice that the recipe actually calls for two packages of instant vanilla pudding. Search in the cabinet for another one while praying for a miracle because you usually prefer to buy the heat and serve pudding packages. (This step not pictured, but thankfully I found the right kind of pudding at the very bottom of my pudding stash. Yes, I have a pudding stash.)

Step 5: Layer graham crackers at the bottom of a 13 x 9 pan.

Step 6: Add half of the pudding/cool whip mixture to pan and spread it over graham crackers. Add another layer of graham crackers and add the rest of the pudding. Finally, top it off with third layer of graham crackers.
Step 7: Give your little "helpers" some of the pudding mixture to keep them busy while you spread chocolate frosting over the final graham cracker layer. You can either make your own chocolate frosting, which is what I would have done if I was still a stay at home mom. If you need something convenient, just pick up some already in the store. (I will admit it felt a little weird buying frosting when I know I could have just made it myself, but then I remembered I wanted this to be a quick project.)



Step 8: The cake is done! Let it sit in the fridge for at least 4 hours.

Step 9: Invite some friends over for dinner to share the cake. (I forgot to take pictures of everyone eating their dessert, but I did snap a couple while they were playing.)

I also made a chicken cordon bleu bake casserole for dinner. I realized as I was eating that I had made American versions of two French foods. Maybe I'm feeling a little nostalgic?

Here is the real recipe for the chocolate eclair cake: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Eclair-Cake/Detail.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment