Thursday, June 30, 2011

I know I say this all the time, but when did Kylie get to be so OLD?

How did this:
(This picture was taken when Kylie was just an hour old. I just fell in love with those studious eyes and big kissy lips, she was absolutely perfect.)























... go to THIS:



Kylie turned three and a half this past month. 

She continues to be the most curious little girl. She has to know how everything works. She told me the other day that when she grows up, she wants to build bridges. So maybe one day we will have an engineer in the family. Maybe. She also told me once that she wants to be an alien when she grows up. I'm not sure which one would make me more proud.

She has developed an amazing memory, which she uses to repeat back books to me after I've read them once or just remind very accurately me of things that happened from over a year ago. 

She is still very controlling and insists on doing things her way, which doesn't always go over so well with her headstrong little sister. Being the first born and her mother's child, I doubt she ever loses her controlling nature. Thankfully, she also has a very sweet side and is sensitive to other people's feelings. 

She is developing a great sense of humor: she loves playing jokes on people, she makes up funny little words and she enjoys cracking up over her sister's antics.

I really do miss having her as a baby, but I love having this three year old around. The other day Jason asked her if she thought Eve would ever be as big as her and she responded: "No daddy, when Eve gets as big as me, then I will be four and I will be bigger too." She will one day be four? I'm glad she has come to terms with it, because I'm still adjusting to her not being a baby anymore.




1 comment:

  1. Sam's birthday is in 2 months and we were talking about it. She said "In 2 months, I will be 4. Then on my next birthday I will be 5!" I laughed and told her not to rush it, especially since I can't believe she's almost 4 already.

    ReplyDelete