Saturday, October 26, 2013

KCW: Pattern Test for Long Sleeve Perfect Peasant Dress



This is my second submission for Kids Clothes Week.

By the way my first submission was featured on day 2! I was so surprised to see Eve's cute face in the line-up on their blog! Go Eve and your cute stitched up face!

Speaking of the first submission, I accidentally clicked the heart on it and it made me give myself a heart. That's like liking your own status on Facebook. So uncool! And I can't figure out how to "unheart" my entry. All you savvy KCW users out there, let me know if there is a way.

Moving on to this outfit:

Pattern: Perfect Peasant Dress by Peek-a-boo Pattern Shop
Size: 4T with no modifications on 4 year old Eve
Fabric: Repurposed yellow sheet and grey striped seersucker from Jo-Ann

This outfit wasn't originally in the line-up for Kids Clothes Week, but I was picked to pattern test the long sleeved updated version of the dress. I was so happy to be chosen. The pattern is great, the dress is an easy sew and the end result is a peasant dress with a full skirt instead of the typical A-line cut of most peasant dresses.


Now I finally have a long sleeve dress pattern! There was no way I could convince Jason that I needed a new pattern after I purchased the Sew Fab bundle a couple weeks ago.

Eve loves her new dress! She was a good sport for taking a few good pictures in the colder fall weather. She was rewarded with chocolate, so don't feel too bad for her.





1 comment:

  1. I love this, so cute! For some reason I like long sleeved peasant dresses better than their short sleeved sister, and this just proved it!

    ReplyDelete