Friday, June 11, 2010

"I wanna draw a happy face."


Those words were uttered to me by Kylie a couple weeks ago. So I gave her some crayons and a piece of paper and she amazed me. She actually drew a smiley face and added some legs. She has drawn several more since then, and even has even added arms to some of them. I had to take picture of her first "real" drawing. Well I guess she has previously drawn lots of worms, snakes and legs. Seriously, she used to draw lots of lines and tell me they were either worms, snakes or legs depending on her mood. She has also recently tried writing the letter "K for Kylie" as she calls it, but it ends up being three parallel lines. This usually frustrates her because she's such a little perfectionist. Oh well, I keep telling her that she will eventually be able to write "K" all by herself and that she's getting bigger every day. This seems to comfort her. In the meantime, we have fun finding "K for Kylie"s and "E for Everz" everywhere we go. (She is recognizing lots of letters now.) And of course, drawing "happy faces."


We've also started cutting and gluing. Here she hard at work with her scissors:

2 comments:

  1. Sam has really been into drawing smiley faces also. I'm so amazed! She does so well and has the "S" down for Samantha, but sometimes it's backwards. hehe

    ReplyDelete