Saturday, January 24, 2009

I don't think we are in Kansas anymore!!

I actually hate to use that phrase, because it is just so overdone, but it's true because we are now living in Missouri. We have been here for two weeks now and are finally feeling settled in...for the most part. I'll be happy when we can afford cable, but I'm surviving because we gave in and bought an antenna for the TV. Don't worry though, our TV has a built in digital converter, so we are ready for the death of analog that is quickly approaching.

I wish that I could put up pictures of our new place, but I somehow lost two cameras and a camcorder during our move. I'm going crazy without a camera, I think I might prefer having my camera to cable TV, but that's not a decision I have to make.

As far as the jobs go, Jason has been applying everywhere in the area without any luck. Most places just aren't hiring right now. Sears did tell him they would hire him in February, but they were not allowed to hire anyone new in January because I'm sure they had to lay people off after the holidays were over. So Jason is going in on Monday to make sure they are still willing to hire him in a week or so. I should also be able to start substituting teaching this next week, but I'm not technically hired until my background checks clear. I have nothing to hide, but I'll feel so much better once I actually start working! So keep us in your prayers! We think God is trying to teach us a lesson in patience or trust in Him or maybe both.

Also pray that I get approved for Missouri health insurance soon. I want to go to a doctor, but I have to wait until I actually get my insurance card until anyone will see me. I don't need to go to a doctor, but I haven't seen a doctor since my 7 month appointment in Kansas and I am now 8 months pregnant. So, I'm just anxious, but there's no emergency or anything. There's that whole patience thing again.

This morning, Jason and I visited the hospital where Eve will be born. It was nice, and the nurses were all really friendly. The recovery rooms weren't as nice as the ones in Manhattan, mainly because the bed is twin size so Jason will have to sleep on a cot, but they could be so much worse. It was nice to be able to see the rooms before hand.

Well, I think that's all of our new news, I hope to be able to put up pictures sometime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment